Driving test

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lin Coward

Number of posts : 21
Team Supported : Bristol Rovers
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Driving test   Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:03 pm

My eldest is now on her fourth attempt at passing her driving test. 50 each time to take it and the instructor wants 160 for a couple of lessons before the test and for the use of the car on the day. I think it comes down to nerves so the instructor tells me to take her down to the doctor to get her put on medication. I don't think this is a good idea myself. It will be on her medical records then that she suffers from nerves. The instructor told me to get her on beta (excuse spelling) blockers, which is what they use for blood pressure. I've taken her out in the car loads of times (the insurance for which is 624). All this expense is doing my head in.

Mind you we did have on experience when she decided she was going to go through some red lights, My poor old feet were thumping so hard on the floor trying to stop the car. Its no wonder I have to have my hair coloured Laughing

On top of that she has been offered a place at Cardiff Uni and the expense for that unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hall Green Lion

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Driving test   Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:20 am

Has she thought of one of those one week intensive driving courses? The seem a bit steep at about 300 but its an almost guaranteed pass as they have a massive success rate and the cost is out of the way once and for all!

Re the Uni: Thats bit is already starting to scare me with the Cub as he's already talking about his future career and choice of Universities available.

Is the course available at Bristol if so, Can you not persuade her that staying at home whilst at Uni will save her from most of a 20,000 loan that will come back to bite her on the arse?

Number of posts : 118
Team Supported : Newcastle United
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Driving test   Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:46 am

Blood pressure? See your/her GP but I am on treatment for that as well. A 75mg Dispersible Aspirin each morning is apparently supposed to work wonders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lin Coward

Number of posts : 21
Team Supported : Bristol Rovers
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Driving test   Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:27 am

Uni - She wants to study architectural design and Bath/Bristol don't do the courses. The best options for her were Cardiff, Nottingham Trent and Porstmouth. She did want to go to Nottingham but have persuaded Cardiff is the best option. The prices are 92 per week just for accommodation. 500 for materials for the first year and so on. I'm banging my head against the wall at the mo, trying to get her to find herself a job when she finishes school in June to earn some money to take but its like talking to a brick wall.

The driving - Her instructor says its the nerves that do it as there is notning wrong with her driving. She has been learning since last July so you can imagine the cost so far. I did get her some Kalms but she didn't take those properly. She is nearly 18 and doesn't like to be told. Crumbs I'm sounding like my mother know. They don't realise how lucky they are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liambwfc

Number of posts : 11
Team Supported : Bolton Wanderers
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Driving test   Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:39 am

Lin Coward wrote:
Uni - She wants to study architectural design and Bath/Bristol don't do the courses. The best options for her were Cardiff, Nottingham Trent and Porstmouth. She did want to go to Nottingham but have persuaded Cardiff is the best option. The prices are 92 per week just for accommodation. 500 for materials for the first year and so on. I'm banging my head against the wall at the mo, trying to get her to find herself a job when she finishes school in June to earn some money to take but its like talking to a brick wall.

The driving - Her instructor says its the nerves that do it as there is notning wrong with her driving. She has been learning since last July so you can imagine the cost so far. I did get her some Kalms but she didn't take those properly. She is nearly 18 and doesn't like to be told. Crumbs I'm sounding like my mother know. They don't realise how lucky they are.

change her instructor. Seriously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driving test   

Back to top Go down

Driving test
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1