Share | 

Shouldn't the rules apply to all clubs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gerry

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Shouldn't the rules apply to all clubs?   Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:14 am

Regarding Ashley C*le's 'tackle' on Alan Hutton. I found a clip online but it didn't show the players surrounding the ref. It was a fcuking horrible assault- worse than Martin Taylor's. How that's only a booking is beyond me.

I'm very surprised I can't find a clip of them hounding the ref. I thought it'd be all over the net.

So I'm going by what I've read here, but the condemnation in the media is pretty much universal.
The thing that winds me up is the gutless FA's refusal to deal with the issue after the match. They won't upgrade the yellow to a red, because that would undermine the ref. Never mind the fact that Riley has already allowed his authority to be undermined bigtime. Why not issue a second yellow for C*le's behaviour after the tackle? Why not issue yellows to Terry and others because the ref didn't deal with them at the time?

There's a BBC report here in which Capello is apparently going to demand better behaviour. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7308196.stm

Here's a quote from that report:
An FA spokesman said: "The whole approach is about trying to help protect referees from abuse.
"The issue of respect is central to the long-term health and success of the game.?

So why do they not do something about it? If the mighty JT had to miss a few games every time he intimidated a ref, he'd soon stop.

We're gonna win the league!
We're gonna..................oh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anrojere

Number of posts : 118
Team Supported : Newcastle United

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't the rules apply to all clubs?   Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:39 am

I have not seen the challenge myself but I did see Avram Grant trying to give Cole credit for apologising! The biggest issue out of the whole for me is Capello's stance. If I understand it rightly, people may lose their England place if he sees them behaving badly for their clubs. As Gerry intimates, I think we WILL see less ref intimidation now. Super Sunday should make for intersting viewing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anrojere

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't the rules apply to all clubs?   Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:22 am

I see Ferguson has made comment on the whole issue.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7309290.stm

Maybe he ought to have a word with some of his players then!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerry

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't the rules apply to all clubs?   Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:37 am

Excellent article:

Daily Mail (of all things!)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anrojere

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't the rules apply to all clubs?   Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:17 am

Hmm! Most thought provoking. He's right of course. No one on the pitch in any Premiership game respects the referee. But then is it the players fault when the clubs send them out to deliberately do that. This will only stop when the refs and clubs do something about it. I wondered if Riley was thinking "Can I send him off for that?" The answer should be YES.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerry

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't the rules apply to all clubs?   Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:21 pm

Riley was thinking 'where are my balls? I'm sure I used to have some.'

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't the rules apply to all clubs?   

Back to top Go down

Shouldn't the rules apply to all clubs?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1